Sunday, February 15, 2009

Earth's Damage

I know as of late this topic has been slowly sketched into the minds of all political power houses and businesses. Climate Change has effected many people, and even though we may not think it effects you personally, it does. It is happening all around us, the talk of climate change, the fear of destruction looming over our heads like an overdue judgment of mother nature. But notice I didn't say climate change itself is effecting us. I mentioned the talk of it instead. Some of you may find it dire that we spring into action, that every little bit of effort will effect the outcome of our environment, and that we are the cause of burning our planet up. People do often wonder why people like me have problems believing such an "atrocity" is taking place. Let me show you:
The latest gallop poll says that 36% of Americans believe that global warming is happening, and that it is of great necessity that we take care of it. Okay so what is up with the other 64% of Americans? Are they just uninformed? Do they not care? Or are they like me, they are skeptical? They try to find the answer, but a lot of it does not make sense. They watched "An Inconvenient Truth" only to find that it was inconvenient to have their time wasted by that movie. Watching that movie raised a lot of questions for me. My first one was why Al Gore? What education does he have to show me that he knows so much about our ecosystem and how our planet works? He doesn't have any in that genre. He's a politician, and politician's are good at implying dramatics into half-truths. Now he could really believe in what he is teaching. But then this raises another question: What of the majority percentage of scientists that say global warming is sketchy?
At the beginning of 2009, a survey was taken of the polar ice caps as is done yearly. The ice caps were "melting at an alarming rate" at the end of 2005, thus sparked the issue of global warming. But according to http://igloo.atmos.uiuc.edu/cgi-bin/test/print.sh?fm=01&fd=01&fy=2006&sm=01&sd=01&sy=2009, it shows the ice caps more frozen, as said in the latest report "record high freezing's". So this again raises the question, is global warming happening?
Another aspect of Global Warming that you may have noticed recently is that it has been changed to "Climate Change." I recently took note of this, and could only base it on the assumption that the earth was cooler than in previous records. Still, the earth getting cold is our fault. News flash, when you scream about global warming, it shouldn't get colder, no matter what excuse you can come with for the reason. Which is why it is climate change. But then, one last question comes up, what is the "right" temperature for the earth?
That is not our place to decide. Granted we dominate the earth, but there are other creatures here as well. Where one temperature is comfortable for one species, it may not be for another. We, as the dominate species on the planet can live with the differences. If we really had the power to change the temperature, to change our climate, or "fix" it as some would like to say, is it beneficial to everybody? And I mean all of those lovable creatures you environmental Nazis want to protect. I don't have a problem in protecting animals, but I feel if we could change the temperature as we are all led to believe we can, it wouldn't benefit every creature on the earth. Many would die in our quest to find the "perfect" temperature. In a world of constant change, there is no perfection, only progression.
These are reasons why I have difficulty believing Climate Change is real, or rather, that we are the cause of it. The earth changes, and it has been doing it since it's creation. Now with our limitations can we really tamper with a force that is beyond our comprehension? That seems to have no limitations? I would assume that it would be futile, but many try, and I fear in the long run they will see their efforts were in vain.

I would like to leave you with one more article. Now it is short, but take into account the sources that are given by the author. http://wizbangblog.com/content/2007/02/15/global-warming-it-aint-happeni.php (Sorry it was giving me a hard time with the links so you'll have to copy and paste)

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I haven't been reading your blog in a while! I never wanted to waste my time watching "An Inconvienient Truth," but I"m glad that you watched it because I can just go off of what you said. It's so true: Al Gore really? Is that the best they can do? Oh and he won a nobel peace prize for this? Wow. Anyway, I really do like your blog, now that I'm getting settled being a wife and mom, I can read it more often! Post more please! :)

    ReplyDelete